Be cheerful

Image by cocoparisienne from Pixabay

I can't believe I haven't written to my blog for almost two years. I mentioned one of my blog posts to somebody this week, which made me realize that I have neglected my blog a lot lately. I thought I will just hop on here and write a simple lesson I have learned this week. 

I need to not take myself so seriously and be stressed by new things. Not everything has to make sense for me on Earth, because this is not where my story ends. I'm a foreigner walking on the path that was prepared for me by the One who made me and designed my life. I find myself often asking questions that start with "Why...". Honestly, I didn't get any answers to those questions. But God's Presence was always the answer, it was an invitation to experience Him on a personal level where I'm at. I need to keep moving forward without understanding why things happen. Connecting and being close to Jesus allows me to move forward in life, because He is enough ("I am the Way, the Truth and the Life" -Jesus). I don't need to stress and worry about things I don't understand or can't influence. Trusting God when it's foggy, and it just doesn't make sense is essential, and although it sounds easy, it isn't. It's about what you focus on. Frequently we focus on those around us, on our own happiness and on our circumstances. I don't want to lose that confidence, that gentle and peaceful spirit that I received from God, by worrying and asking myself thousands of questions. I'm not a victim of my circumstances or even of my own thoughts and feelings. 

Furthermore, I had to quiet my mind and heart and let them find true rest, not being disturbed by what is happening outside my control, because my confidence is strongly rooted in God inwardly. My strength comes from within, and it isn't based on self-confidence. The confidence in God never disappoints, but it requires an intentional action that involves the conscious, the desire to be heading the right direction. I don't have to panic because I can continually hope in God, who has my best interest. It's a continuous learning to live in the audience of One → God. Yes, I'm learning to enjoy the ride and wait on the Lord.

"Be cheerful with joyous celebration in every season of life. Let your joy overflow! And let gentleness be seen in every relationship, for our Lord is ever near. Don’t be pulled in different directions or worried about a thing. Be saturated in prayer throughout each day, offering your faith-filled requests before God with overflowing gratitude. Tell him every detail of your life, then God’s wonderful peace that transcends human understanding, will guard your heart and mind through Jesus Christ. Keep your thoughts continually fixed on all that is authentic and real, honorable and admirable, beautiful and respectful, pure and holy, merciful and kind. And fasten your thoughts on every glorious work of God, raising him always. Put into practice the example of all that you have heard from me or seen in my life and the God of peace will be with you in all things." Philippians 4.4-9

For the Lord God is our sun and our shield. He gives us grace and glory. The Lord will withhold no good thing from those who do what is right. O Lord of Heaven’s Armies, what joy for those who trust in you. Psalms 84.11-12

 
Image by silviarita from Pixabay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow down a little bit

The List for a future spouse

To really know