Misty Edwards- a passionate Woman of God

Heeey...my next artist- post is here! It's really time for one :) I chose to speak about a great woman who was a great encouragement to me lately. She inspires me very much and I love how she pours out her heart to God. She sings songs which are from the depths of my heart...songs which I really yearn to sing along with her, it's so intense. The person I'm speaking about, as you read in the title, is Misty Edwards. She is a worship leader and song writer at the International House of Prayer in Kansas City. She serves as a staff member and intercessory  missionary since 1999. She inspired other worship leaders whom I really love like Kim Walker Smith and Catherine Mullins. I won't write all my thoughts concerning this awesome Woman of God, because I want to let her words speak about her :)

You can listen a part of her story here, it's so awesome to see her passion and to hear how she's speaking: 
 Here are some quotes and pictures of her:

"I have a great desire to see the knowledge of God flood this generation. I mean the real knowledge of God, not the distant Sunday School version but the true encounter with the Uncreated. I have devoted my life to searching Him out through His Word, prayer and fasting, and to ask Him to reveal Himself in my day and time. There's no other point for my existence but to touch the Transcendent. I believe that this is the generation who will usher in the Son of Man as we intercede from our highest identity as a Bride crying out, " Come!" unsatisfied with anything less than Him. As Eternity breaks in we will awaken the Dawn with a song and the Morning Star will rise to have His inheritance on this planet! This is all I care about."

If this is the way that God feels about us, there’s only one worthy response, to pour out our lives as an offering, as a pleasing fragrance, He is so pleased with you, He wants you with Him, where He is, both now and forever.” 
 “Talk to Him instead of all the other people in your head. Talk to Him, He’s the only one that can hear you anyway. And He is actually listening.”
 “The worst of days with Jesus are still better than the best of days without Him.
 “To love Jesus more we must understand Him more. This takes ravenous hunger for Scripture & perpetual turning to the Spirit to be taught.”
Jesus both commanded and prophesied that we would love Him with all of our heart, soul, mind and strength. To love Him in this way is to be obsessed with Him. Obsession, in the positive sense of being fixated and wholeheartedly devoted to Jesus and His truth. It is not a passive love but abandoned love, holding nothing back. This takes revelation of who He is. To grow in love for Him we must grow in understanding of Him and this takes a ravenous hunger for the Scriptures and a perpetual turning to the Spirit to be taught. To be obsessed with Jesus means we are entirely His and caught up in His story and His purpose above all else.
I really desire to live and say this, too:

 I want to be a woman who lives totally abandoned to the first commandment: to love my Lord, my God, with all my heart. I don’t want the reputation that I love God, I don’t want to write songs about loving God, I don’t want to talk about loving God. I want to actually love God. When I close my eyes, I want my heart to move. When I close my eyes and I look at Him, I want to feel alive on the inside. I want to look at Him with a fire in my heart and it’s real.” ― Misty Edwards

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow down a little bit

The List for a future spouse

To really know