Worship

I love to adore and worship God. It's something I loved doing after my birth in Christ. I love to DELIGHT (I like this word so much...it's my fav) myself in the Lord and to worship Him all day long for everything He is and does. Oh, He is so perfect in everything He does. I've been asking Him sincerely why He gave me this love for worship, without giving me a great voice, because I'm not a brilliant singer, even though I'm not a bad singer either. But I would want to give the very best praises to Him, who loves me more than anyone could ever love me. I was struggling with myself and asking Him why my voice isn't so great as the voices of some of my favorite artists. He filled me with such a peace and acceptance and simply told me, He really loves how I worship and love Him. He doesn't look at the physical voice, He looks at the voice of the heart and enjoys my dedication and heart's voice. Those words were enough for me. Hm... do you know what these words meant and still mean to me? They give me power to praise and worship Him more than ever... higher and higher.
I heard a great definition of WORSHIP and I wanted to share it with all of you:


"Worship is the submission of all of our nature to God.
It is the quickening of conscience by His holiness,
Nourishment of mind by His truth,

Purifying of imagination by His beauty,
Opening of the heart to His love,
And submission of will to His purpose.
And all this gathered up in adoration is the greatest of human expressions of which we are capable." 

-Archbishop William Temple

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow down a little bit

To really know

The List for a future spouse