Worry

As you read in the title I'm writing about worrying. I felt to write about this topic, because it's something I recently went through. Firstly, I want to start with what the Bible says about treasures: 


"... where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." ~ Matthew 6:21

Treasure= accumulated wealth in the form of money or jewels, etc., any possession that is highly valued by it's owner. 

I once heard a kid say that if God were his dad, he would have a lot of pocket money. Hm... that made me think about the fact that we really are God's children. But still, we worry about not having enough money to pay the bills, the rent, buy groceries, clothes, etc. Is it? Isn't God our dad? Won't He care for His children? Here's the answer: 

"If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give good gifts to those who ask Him." ~ Matthew 7:11

I know it's not easy to trust when you see that everything around you is uncertain... but that's where our faith is in action and that's when we can show God that we really trust in Him even if we don't see Him at work. I dreamed to study at a Bible School in the US, but after calculating the costs, I became aware of the fact that it was impossible for me to bring that sum of money together (I knew that a lot of money is needed, but I thought it will work out somehow), so I put that dream before God's throne and gave up on it. It's not because I don't have faith that God can provide, and it really isn't because of the money, but it's because I realized I wouldn't have had peace, if I spent so much money only for my studies. I know that it is a good investment, but I'm the person who would share or give to help the poor and needy or help those around me rather than spend that money on me. It was pretty hard for me to give it up, because I was holding on it for so long and now in only a few days I gave it up. It was interesting, because I spoke about everything with God and He was telling me to confide in Him, because He'll lead me. That's what He did... He led me to a great Bible School in Germany on the internet and I searched for more information and realized that I like it very much. Then I gathered my prayer team and asked them to pray with me for God's guidance. I'm so thankful for those who sustain me in prayer! God loves it when His children unite and become ONE. 

I had nights when I was so curious about what my future holds  (what's God's plan for me, how He'll use me for His glory and where will I serve Him?) that I couldn't sleep. I believe God knows everything, even every step which I will take in the future, but my head wanted to know what will come in the future... it often wants to feel secure and fulfilled. It's so interesting... I still want to know how God will use me, BUT now I'm sure He knows exactly what He does... and He knows my heart's desire to serve Him with everything I am. I want to cling to and lean on Him. I'm so addicted to His awesome, sweet Presence!

So...

"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus." ~ Philippians 4:6-7


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow down a little bit

To really know