God-sent friend

I wanted to write this since a long time ago. It's about a person who I met in 2008. I met this friend 4 years ago and it was interesting how everything came together. I totally surrendered my life to Christ in the same year and God brought him into my life to grow spiritually. I don't know how to explain everything we went through in these years, but I know something for sure, he was an answer from God to my prayers: I was praying for a friend with whom I could talk about God and the Bible. And with him I could do that. What I experienced was supernatural. We often prayed for each other (even if we went to the hairdresser) and we had great results. Our prayers were always answered. We had also times when we fasted together for more power from heaven for different situations. I have to be sincere...I never thought about having a boy as a friend, I haven't specified it in my prayers that it should be a girl. But I'm so thankful to God that he chose Robert Pop...he was always there for me and he loved God (and still does) as much as I did and still do. That's what I wanted: someone with whom I could share my experiences with God and a friend who can give me godly advice. We had also some disagreements because of our different points of view, but that's how I learned to respect and honor the differences between people.


I believe in his gift!
I often had to confront people, because they were telling me it's not right to have a boy as a friend...and I believe the same thing that it's not biblical, but God was there in this friendship, because I've spoken with Him about it and He guided me to it. I want to be guided by His Holy Spirit. And I'll be straight with everyone, I love Robert with "phileo" love, which means friendship or tender affection. I really can't imagine him being something else, he's not my type (not because I don't like him or he isn't handsome or he's not a godly and good person), but because he is my friend, basta (hihi).


Robert has a talent from God and I'm happy he is using it for His glory: he has a great voice with which he can praise and worship God in an awesome way! He has great writing skills, too. He started to write some books and I'm excited to read one, when their done. He now has a band called Reverberate. They sang in our church on the 20th and 22nd July. I was praying since a long time ago for this to happen and I was sooo happy whenever he messaged me that he's going to sing at the piano at his church or with the voice. It was so great to have them in our church leading worship...I can't explain what joy it was for me to praise God with them. I think I won't search for a word to describe it...I'll just say God was there with His presence...that was more than enough.

Praising God in our church!
I like this song so much!!!

Read his blog if you want to know more about him:
http://iheartwisdom.wordpress.com/


The band: Robert (lead vocalist), David (acoustic guitar), Alex (keyboard + backing vocalist), Thomas (drums + backing vocals), Lex (el. guitar), Tibi (bass guitar)

Robert wrote such great songs, so he's a 'psalmist'. I know many friendship quotes which I could write down, but I just say: TRUE friends aren't that easy to find these days, but if you found him/her than be the friend you want him/her to be to you. He knows he can call me at any time, because I'm ready to help with anything I can...and I know that I can do the same. I hope our friendship will last and that we will always try to build each other up on our road.

bleah...

Comments

  1. Great post! It was a pleasure to read about your friendship with Robert. God bless both of you with gifts from above!!! He knows what you need, everyday, everytime, every hour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great friendship. I'm allways happy to hear about so good frienships. Thank God. Really good and close friendships are allways good and is allways a Blessing. GBY and your friendship. :-):-*

    ReplyDelete
  3. >:D< What a great surprise!!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The List for a future spouse

Slow down a little bit

Keep your crown through your ups and downs