Learning through teaching

After finishing my Bachelor studies, I didn't know what to do from there and where to search for a job. I sought God to show me what's His plan for that season of my life. He didn't answer only after two months which seemed so long for me, but I had peace in my waiting and resting after my finals and all the other exams. Then God opened doors for me to work as a home school- teacher. I was happy about it and I was eager to see what God holds for me. Then when school started for the pupils, God told me to use my skills to tutor kids who have problems or to help kids to do their homework after school. I thought about writing a short job ad in the newspaper. I even bought the newspaper to write it there, BUT... God surprised me and started sending me awesome kids. My telephone rang and my schedule was full. I was amazed by God's faithfulness and His work. I saw His hand in it. I had very different students: small, big, cute, lovely, active, silent, very intelligent, difficult, loud, etc. kids. I so loved each and every one aaaand I enjoyed doing my job. Oh, what a blessing!

I want to write about a family that grew very close to my heart. The mom, Bethany, called me to help her two boys with their homework. She's from Canada and she married a Romanian. When I saw Bethany for the first time, I remembered her and her two boys. When I still went to school, I used to see them on my way to school on the street. Every time I saw them speaking with their mother English, I smiled and sometimes I told my siblings that I like them very much and it would be great to speak one day with them. So interesting, isn't it? With the time, I realized that they are Christians and that the mother loves God very much, as I do. I feel such a peace around her. When I went to their home I saw that the two brothers have another little brother. They were (and still are) so cute, each one of them. The mom (Bethany) is a great mom, wife and woman of faith. I haven't met many people like her. She inspires me very much and I really see God working through and in her.
The only thing that's sad, is that her husband doesn't have a new life, but I believe God started a good work in him and He'll finish it... but it takes time and patience. I see Bethany four times in a week and she always shines like a star and makes the life of her kids very special. I'm very happy that God gave me a glimpse into her life and to be honest, I don't even know her that well, but with her love for Jesus it seems like I've known her for some time. It's an honor for me to be the tutor of her blessed kids. I've learned so much by having this opportunity to teach awesome kids!


Having fun with great kids


Gabriel: is in the fifth grade now and he's such an intelligent boy. He likes to play with Lego and to read lots of interesting books. He doesn't like to make his job half, he always wants to do it properly and with care. He listens to everything I say and I listen to what he has to tell about school and how he sees things. He gives me confidence in my work.




Sebastian: is a cute and very active fellow with a big heart. What really touches me every time are his prayers, which are sincere. His enthusiasm and hyper-activeness challenge me. He likes to play a lot with Lego, sing (has a great voice) and to draw (pretty talented).


These two fellows are so different and so unique! I love them very much and I hope I can be a blessing to them, not just to be intelligent, but also to find what really matters: a heart for Christ.

Comments

  1. Great article!!! God bless Bethany and her family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!!! Thank you for these words. God bless you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie, God bless you too! You're such an inspiration for many.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Slow down a little bit

The List for a future spouse

Keep your crown through your ups and downs