Focus on the One and Only

I wanted to share with you something short but powerful about the life of Joseph. I think you know his story pretty well, so I won't recount all his life, only the part where he is thrown into prison because of Potiphar's wife (read more here). In the prison there were also Pharaoh’s chief cup-bearer and chief baker, because they offended their master. While they were in prison, each had a dream one night. Joseph saw them one morning and noticed that they both looked upset. So, he asked them what's on their mind and they told him that they had a dream. It isn't significant for us now what the dreams were about, but that Joseph interpreted the dreams and they happened as he said. "Pharaoh’s birthday came three days later, and he prepared a banquet for all his officials and staff. He summoned his chief cup-bearer and chief baker to join the other officials. He then restored the chief cup-bearer to his former position, so he could again hand Pharaoh his cup. But Pharaoh impaled the chief baker, just as Joseph had predicted when he interpreted his dream." When Pharaoh had a dream the cup-bearer interceded for Joseph. Thus Joseph was brought before Pharaoh and proclaimed that it is beyond his power to interpret his dream, but God can tell him what it means. As we know, Joseph interpreted his dream, and then "Pharaoh removed his signet ring from his hand and placed it on Joseph’s finger. He dressed him in fine linen clothing and hung a gold chain around his neck. Then he had Joseph ride in the chariot reserved for his second-in-command." Thus, we can say that through the interceding of the cup-bearer Joseph was brought out of prison and then dressed with royal clothes and put as second-in-command over Egypt.

Now, what I wanted to tell you with this story is that we find the symbols of the bread and wine through the baker and cup-bearer. The bread [the baker] was "broken" (killed) and the vine [the cup-bearer] bestowed freedom, favor and honor on Joseph. It's so inspiring, because I've never thought about how this depicts and portrays Jesus. Jesus said: "I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you cannot have eternal life within you. But anyone who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise that person at the last day. For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. Anyone who eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him. I live because of the living Father who sent me; in the same way, anyone who feeds on me will live because of me. I am the true bread that came down from heaven. Anyone who eats this bread will not die as your ancestors did (even though they ate the manna) but will live forever. [...] Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches.” (John 6:53-58; 15:5)

As this year ends (2013) I think it's important to focus on the only One- on Jesus. Jesus came down to the menial planet earth by placing eternity in our hearts- in the human hearts. Jesus granted us, weak human beings, the highest place by seating us with Him in heavenly places. Jesus, the One who is our Mediator, who has risen, went to heaven and claimed His seat at the right hand of the heavenly Father. He was fully God AND fully Man. Can you penetrate the hypothesis that the Lamb who is seated upon the throne (Revelation 5:6) is similar to us, a HUMAN BEING? And all the same, He is the God of the whole earth, too. He is Jesus Christ, the One interceding for us and rendering us wholehearted love in our journey. God draw you closer to Himself and He will open your eyes on the new and make your heart ready for it. He will guide you further on a BETTER AND MORE WONDERFUL way as till now. I'm convinced that you've experienced a lot with him, but more is waiting for you... perhaps you'll see only small things at first, but small things are always followed by the big ones. Oh, admire how great His work is in and with you and all His children. You are very loved and treasured, so seek the One who bestows you with all the riches of heaven and earth. 

Enjoy 2014, a new year, along with your Lover, the One who makes you complete. Treasure your relationship with Him more than anything else on this earth!

Popular posts from this blog

Slow down a little bit

To really know